India

Fresh Bomb Threat Emails Trigger Evacuations In Several Delhi Schools

Multiple schools in Delhi received bomb threat emails on Thursday, leading to swift evacuations and large-scale searches, officials confirmed.

Six institutions located in Dwarka Sector 5 and Prasad Nagar were targeted by the threats early in the morning.

Teams from the Delhi Fire Service, police, bomb disposal squad, and dog squad were immediately dispatched. Students and staff were safely moved out.

Preliminary checks have revealed no suspicious objects so far, though searches remain ongoing.

Police said efforts are underway to trace the IP address used to send the threatening emails.

The incident has caused anxiety among parents, teachers, and students.

This development comes a day after two schools, SKV Malviya Nagar and Andhra School in Prasad Nagar, received bomb threats at 7:40 AM and 7:42 AM, respectively.

Earlier, on 18 August, Delhi Public School (DPS) Dwarka was evacuated after a similar call was made around 7:00 AM. That threat was later found to be false.

Pattern of Hoax Emails

The latest scare has revived memories of last month’s major security alert when over 50 schools across the capital were sent identical emails warning of explosives.

Those hoax messages forced schools to shut temporarily or shift online. City-wide emergency drills were launched involving fire brigades, dog squads, and bomb disposal teams.

During that episode, schools including Abhinav Public School in Rohini Sector 3 and Richmond Global School in Paschim Vihar received threats. The alerts sparked panic among staff and parents.

All searches later confirmed there was no danger.

Earlier in July, similar hoax threats were reported at St Stephen’s College and St Thomas School in Dwarka. They followed a spate of identical warnings targeting three schools the previous day.

On 17 July, at least seven schools were hit by bomb threat emails in what became the third consecutive day of such incidents.

Although every alert so far has proved baseless, the repeated threats have left parents and school authorities increasingly concerned about safety and security.

Also Read: Rajesh Sakariya Accused Of Attacking Delhi CM Sent To Five-Day Police Remand

Mankrit Kaur

Recent Posts

Iran To Skip 2026 World Cup Draw After US Denies Visas To Officials

Iran’s Football Federation says it will skip the 2026 World Cup draw after the US…

35 mins ago

Flags Lowered To Half-Mast As Hong Kong Mourns Tai Po Fire Victims

Hong Kong mourned the Tai Po blaze victims as the death toll reached 128 and…

60 mins ago

Delhi Wakes To Another Day Of Heavy Pollution; No Improvement Expected

Delhi continued to battle heavy pollution on Saturday, with the CPCB reporting an AQI of…

1 hour ago

India airlifts 12 tonnes Of Relief Supplies To Colombo Under Operation Sagar Bandhu

India rushes 12 tonnes of relief to Sri Lanka under Operation Sagar Bandhu as Modi,…

2 hours ago

Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Head Major Sessions At DGP–IGP Meet In Raipur Today

On Saturday, PM Narendra Modi is expected to oversee the business and closing sessions of…

3 hours ago

AI Image Sparks Fresh Debate Over Trump’s ‘2028’ Messaging And Term Limits

An AI ‘Trump 2028’ image revived term-limit debate, while polling shows Trump Jr gaining on…

4 hours ago