Fact Check

PIB Fact-Check Unit Debunks Viral Video On Pahalgam Terror Attack

The Press Information Bureau (PIB) Fact Check Unit on Wednesday exposed a viral video that spread false claims about the 22 April Pahalgam terror attack, labelling the video as misleading.

The video, shared by a user named Nandhini Saran, falsely claims to show an Indian Army soldier from Jammu revealing that the attack was a ‘false flag’ operation orchestrated by the Modi government and the BJP.

The video suggests that the attack fabricated, but the PIB swiftly debunked the narrative.

The PIB clarified that the individual in the video is a deserter who has been absent from duty since March 2025 and has had no connection to the recent events.

The Fact Check unit stamped the video with the word ‘FAKE’ and urged the public to be cautious about such misleading content.

Taking to X, the PIB Fact Check unit posted, “A video of an Indian Army soldier, accusing the central government of the Pahalgam terrorist attack, is going viral on social media. #PIBFactCheck. The soldier seen in the video is a deserter and has not been present at his duty since March 2025, nor has he been in contact with his family. Please stay vigilant. Do not fall for such videos.”

The post, originally shared with the caption, “A soldier from Jammu reveals the truth behind the #Pehlagam false flag operation, exposing Modi and the BJP. #PahalgamJhootHai_ #IndiaPakistanWar2025 #ceasefire,” was accompanied by a photo of the alleged soldier.

PIB Debunks False Claims Of Pakistan Destroying Indian Air Bases

Earlier this week, the PIB’s Fact Check Unit also debunked a false report that Pakistan had destroyed Indian air bases.

The PIB clarified that such reports were misleading, as the footage used, deliberately edited to deceive viewers.

During a recent media briefing, Pakistan’s Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (DG ISPR) cited an Indian news channel, claiming that an Indian airbase had sustained damage.

However, the Press Information Bureau (PIB) later exposed that the video, intentionally altered to mislead the public.

“Pakistani military in its briefing has shown a video clip aired on @IndiaTV News Channel implying that Indian channels have admitted to destruction of Indian airbases. This is an attempt by #Pakistan to mislead its own people by editing and cleverly stitching multiple chunks of a larger video,” PIB stated in a post on X.

The post further added, “The actual story in the full video says that the attacks were all intercepted and it shows footage of a Pakistani missile that was shot down.”

Additionally, the PIB dismissed claims of an artillery exchange along the Line of Control (LoC), calling them baseless and further emphasising the need for the public to rely on verified information.

Also Read: PIB Busts Propaganda Video; Confirms No Indian Army Post Hit

Mankrit Kaur

Recent Posts

Sensex And Nifty Log Third Week Of Gains On Global Tailwinds

Indian markets posted a third straight week of modest gains, with the Nifty and Sensex…

2 hours ago

Iran To Skip 2026 World Cup Draw After US Denies Visas To Officials

Iran’s Football Federation says it will skip the 2026 World Cup draw after the US…

2 hours ago

Flags Lowered To Half-Mast As Hong Kong Mourns Tai Po Fire Victims

Hong Kong mourned the Tai Po blaze victims as the death toll reached 128 and…

2 hours ago

Delhi Wakes To Another Day Of Heavy Pollution; No Improvement Expected

Delhi continued to battle heavy pollution on Saturday, with the CPCB reporting an AQI of…

3 hours ago

Kareena Kapoor Adds Hollywood Nostalgia To Her Friday With ‘Grease’

Kareena Kapoor enjoys the 'Grease' as she promotes Netflix’s 'Dining with the Kapoors' and works…

3 hours ago

India Airlifts 12 Tonnes Of Relief Supplies To Colombo Under Operation Sagar Bandhu

India rushes 12 tonnes of relief to Sri Lanka under Operation Sagar Bandhu as PM…

4 hours ago