World

Israeli Settlers Attack 2 Palestinian Villages In West Bank, Leaving 1 Person Dead

Palestinian authorities stated that Israeli settlers stormed two Palestinian villages in the occupied West Bank late on Saturday, killing one man and torching a car.

According to the Palestinian ambulance service, a 38-year-old man was shot in the chest and killed in the northern West Bank town of Qarawat Bani Hassan after people clashed with settles and Israel forces.

The Israeli military stated that soldiers came to the site and used riot dispersal methods as well as live fire to break up the altercation between civilians and settlers.

“Palestinians shot fireworks in response and an Israeli and four Palestinians were injured. The incident was being examined and had been handed over to police”, the Israeli military continued.

In another instance, Wajih Al-Qat, head of the Madama village council near the northern West Bank city of Nablus, said a group of approximately 15 Israelis set fire to a car and shattered the windows of a house with stones.

The Israeli military made no quick remark on the incident.

The attacks are the latest in a string of similar instances involving settlers that have drawn condemnation from foreign leaders, including U.S. President Joe Biden, whose administration is planning to bar extreme settlers from entering the country.

The West Bank, which the Palestinians desire as part of a future independent state, has seen an increase in violence in recent months as Jewish settlements have expanded and U.S.-backed peacemaking attempts have stalled for nearly a decade.

This year’s bloodshed reached a more-than-15-year high after Israel invaded the autonomous enclave of Gaza in response to a deadly bombing in southern Israel by Palestinian group Hamas on Oct. 7.

Yesh Din, a human rights group that tracks settler violence, reported at least 225 incidences of Israeli violence in 93 Palestinian communities since the war began.

Before Saturday’s incident, it was reported that at least nine Palestinians had been killed in such attacks.

In a second incident in Nablus, Palestinian authorities stated a 14-year-old boy died of his wounds after being shot during an incident in which the Israeli military said he brandished a knife at checkpoint personnel.

Also read: Erdogan: Turkey would make every effort to have Israel punished by World court

Spriha Rai

Recent Posts

Sensex Falls 931 Points As Trump’s Tariff Move Triggers Global Selloff

The Sensex dropped 930.67 points, or 1.22 per cent, to settle at 75,364.69. It moved…

1 hour ago

Supreme Court To Hear Muslim Side’s Plea In Mathura Dispute On April 8

The SC will hear the Muslim side’s petition in the Mathura Krishna Janmabhoomi dispute on…

2 hours ago

DNA Can’t Confirm Rape Without Proof Of Lack Of Consent: Delhi High Court

Justice Amit Mahajan said that even if DNA proves the accused is the biological father…

2 hours ago

Supreme Court Allows Yasin Malik To Cross-Examine Witnesses Via Video From Tihar Jail

The SC allowed Yasin Malik to cross-examine prosecution witnesses via video conferencing from Tihar jail,…

2 hours ago

Delhi HC Orders Customs To Stop Seizing Personal Jewellery Of Air Passengers

The Delhi HC directed Customs Department officials not to confiscate old or personal jewellery worn…

2 hours ago

PM Modi Unveils 21-Point Action Plan To Boost BIMSTEC Cooperation At Bangkok Summit

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday unveiled a 21-point action plan at the BIMSTEC Summit…

4 hours ago