On Thursday, New Zealand police announced that they have charged a male accused of starting a deadly hostel fire in Wellington last month with five counts of murder.
Police said, “The 48-year-old man is now accused of five counts of murder in addition to two crimes of arson”.
A fatal fire ravaged the four-story, 92-room hostel in Wellington’s city centre a week ago, killing five men who have been identified by the authorities.
Also read: Heart Attack Linked With Cognitive Decline Over Time
The families of the fatalities have been notified, said acting Wellington district commander Inspector Dion Bennett.
He continued, “Our thoughts are with them and we are continuing to ensure they are supported through this process”.
Also read: Dr. S Jaishankar Meets Russian Counterpart Sergey Lavrov In South Africa
The ongoing construction of Shri Kalki Dham in Sambhal shows rapid progress as skilled artisans…
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married Jodie Haydon on Saturday at The Lodge, the first…
The NIA has secured another seven days’ custody of international gangster Anmol Bishnoi, the younger…
Delhi Police are seeking details of foreign-trained doctors as part of the Red Fort blast…
Early RSV infection raises childhood asthma risk, especially in allergy-prone families, but newborn protection can…
The Rouse Avenue Court in Delhi on Saturday again deferred its decision on taking cognisance…