The CBI has asked former Jammu and Kashmir governor Satya Pal Malik to answer certain queries in connection with an alleged insurance scam in the Union Territory, officials said on Friday.
Reacting to the development, Malik told PTI that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has asked for his presence at the agency’s Akbar Road guesthouse here for “certain clarifications”.
“They want certain clarifications for which they want my presence. I am going to Rajasthan so I have given them dates from April 27 to 29 when I am available,” Malik said.
The CBI had examined him in connection with the alleged scam last year.
In April last year, the CBI lodged two FIRs over corruption allegations leveled by Malik in the awarding of contracts for a group medical insurance scheme for government employees and civil work worth Rs 2,200 crore related to the Kiru hydroelectric power project in Jammu and Kashmir.
Source – PTI
Parliament braces for a stormy winter session as the government pushes reforms and the Opposition…
President Droupadi Murmu celebrated the Indian Blind Women’s T20 World Cup winners at Rashtrapati Bhavan,…
Realme launches the C85 5G with a 7000 mAh battery, 144 Hz display and IP69…
A lung-strengthening diet rich in antioxidants, spices and fibre helps Indians fight winter pollution and…
PIB fact check debunks AI-manipulated video showing CDS Chauhan falsely claiming India surrendered Arunachal Pradesh…
Growing pressure campaigns aim to influence LIC’s investment decisions, raising concerns about destabilising long-term infrastructure…