World

US President Trump Presses Hamas To Accept 60‑Day Gaza Ceasefire

US President Donald Trump on Tuesday urged Hamas to accept a 60‑day ceasefire proposal, asserting that Israel has already agreed to the necessary conditions.

“I hope, for the good of the Middle East, that Hamas takes this Deal, because it will not get better — IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE. Thank you for your attention to this matter!” US President Trump wrote on Truth Social.

Israel signals approval: US President Trump

US President Trump reported that his representatives held ‘a long and productive meeting with the Israelis’ in Washington and confirmed that Qatar and Egypt will deliver the final proposal to Hamas.

He said the agreement would pause hostilities for two months while negotiators ‘work with all parties to end the war’.

According to the media, the draft addresses key Hamas concerns and calls for Israeli hostages to be exchanged for Palestinian prisoners during the ceasefire period.

PM Netanyahu to visit the White House next week

The US President announced he will meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House next Monday to discuss Gaza and Iran.

It will mark Netanyahu’s third visit since President Trump began his second term in January.

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said ending the Israel‑Hamas conflict is now a top administration priority following Israel’s recent strikes on Iran.

Israel resumed military operations in Gaza on 18 March, ending a previous two‑month truce.

Since then, Gaza’s health authorities report 6,089 Palestinians killed and 21,013 injured.

Overall, the conflict that reignited in October 2023 has resulted in 56,412 Palestinian deaths and 133,054 injuries, according to the same sources.

Also Read: Prez Macron, Putin Reconnect To Address Iran Nuclear Issues & Ukraine Crisis

Purnima Mishra

Recent Posts

Early RSV Infection Strongly Linked To Higher Childhood Asthma Risk, Scientists Report

Early RSV infection raises childhood asthma risk, especially in allergy-prone families, but newborn protection can…

2 hours ago

National Herald Case: Court Defers Cognisance Decision To 16 December

The Rouse Avenue Court in Delhi on Saturday again deferred its decision on taking cognisance…

3 hours ago

Sensex And Nifty Log Third Week Of Gains On Global Tailwinds

Indian markets posted a third straight week of modest gains, with the Nifty and Sensex…

3 hours ago

Iran To Skip 2026 World Cup Draw After US Denies Visas To Officials

Iran’s Football Federation says it will skip the 2026 World Cup draw after the US…

4 hours ago

Flags Lowered To Half-Mast As Hong Kong Mourns Tai Po Fire Victims

Hong Kong mourned the Tai Po blaze victims as the death toll reached 128 and…

4 hours ago

Delhi Wakes To Another Day Of Heavy Pollution; No Improvement Expected

Delhi continued to battle heavy pollution on Saturday, with the CPCB reporting an AQI of…

4 hours ago