World

Thousands Participate In London’s Pro-Palestinian March; 12 Arrested

Tens of thousands of pro-Palestinian protestors marched in London on Saturday, and police arrested 12 people for allegedly inciting racial hatred and assaulting emergency services.

Protesters gathered at Park Lane in the centre of London, holding banners demanding a ‘ceasefire now’ and chanting ‘Free Palestine’.

John Rees of the Stop the War Coalition said, “People are very, very concerned that there’s going to be a disaster piled upon an already existing disaster in Rafah”.

“What I hope is that we can avert this tragedy being made permanent”, Rees added.

The Metropolitan Police said 12 people had been arrested, including two for holding anti-Semitic posters.

The forces tweeted, “A man was seen in the crowd with an anti-Semitic placard. When officers went in to arrest him they were assaulted, resulting in six arrests”, through its official ‘X’ handle.

Two further people were arrested for refusing to remove face coverings when requested, while a third was arrested on suspicion of supporting a proscribed organization regarding a placard.

Pro-Palestinian marches have been a regular occurrence on Saturdays in London since Israel launched its armed response to Hamas’ extraordinary strike on October 7.

The strike killed around 1,160 individuals in Israel, the majority of them were civilians.

Militants also kidnapped some 250 persons, 130 of whom are still in Gaza, with 30 thought dead, according to Israeli officials.

As to the Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza, Israel’s retaliatory bombardment has killed at least 28,858 individuals, the majority of whom are women and children.

Also read: Putin Calls Ukraine’s Avdiivka Capture An Important Victory

Spriha Rai

Recent Posts

PM Anthony Albanese Marries Jodie Haydon In Intimate Ceremony At The Lodge

Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married Jodie Haydon on Saturday at The Lodge, the first…

52 mins ago

NIA Secures Further Custody Of Anmol Bishnoi As Probe Into Terror Syndicate Deepens

The NIA has secured another seven days’ custody of international gangster Anmol Bishnoi, the younger…

2 hours ago

Delhi Police Seek Details On Foreign-Trained Doctors As Red Fort Blast Probe Expands

Delhi Police are seeking details of foreign-trained doctors as part of the Red Fort blast…

2 hours ago

Early RSV Infection Strongly Linked To Higher Childhood Asthma Risk, Scientists Report

Early RSV infection raises childhood asthma risk, especially in allergy-prone families, but newborn protection can…

4 hours ago

National Herald Case: Court Defers Cognisance Decision To 16 December

The Rouse Avenue Court in Delhi on Saturday again deferred its decision on taking cognisance…

5 hours ago

Sensex And Nifty Log Third Week Of Gains On Global Tailwinds

Indian markets posted a third straight week of modest gains, with the Nifty and Sensex…

5 hours ago