Sergei Ryabkov
Sergei Ryabkov, Deputy Foreign Minister stated Russia will return to full compliance with the New START treaty if the United States abandons its hostile stance toward Moscow.
To retaliate for Moscow’s ongoing violations of the arms control pact, the United States announced earlier this week that it will cease sending Russia certain notifications required under the treaty, including updates on missile and launcher positions.
Also read: United States To Stop Sharing Some Nuclear Arms Data Under New Treaty With Russia
According to Ryabkov, Moscow was not surprised by the move, and Russia’s decision to suspend the New START treaty holds regardless of any countermeasures.
Ryabkov said, “Regardless of any measures or countermeasures from the US side, our decision to suspend the START Treaty is unshakable”.
“And our own condition for returning to a fully operational treaty is that the United States abandon its fundamentally hostile stance towards Russia”, he added.
Early RSV infection raises childhood asthma risk, especially in allergy-prone families, but newborn protection can…
The Rouse Avenue Court in Delhi on Saturday again deferred its decision on taking cognisance…
Indian markets posted a third straight week of modest gains, with the Nifty and Sensex…
Iran’s Football Federation says it will skip the 2026 World Cup draw after the US…
Hong Kong mourned the Tai Po blaze victims as the death toll reached 128 and…
Delhi continued to battle heavy pollution on Saturday, with the CPCB reporting an AQI of…