India

Victim’s Father Calls For Next Phase Of Justice After RG Kar Verdict

After the conviction of civic volunteer Sanjay Roy for the rape and murder of a junior doctor at RG Kar Medical College & Hospital, the victim’s father said the next phase of the fight for justice is just beginning.

Speaking to the media, the father expressed gratitude to the judge but emphasized that more needs to be done. “Sanjay Roy has been convicted. The first step towards justice is completed. Once the judge delivers the sentence on Monday, the next step will begin,” he said.

He further explained why he believes the fight isn’t over. “We still do not believe Sanjay Roy is the only person responsible. There is a larger conspiracy, and we have requested the continuation of the investigation,” he added. The victim’s father also called for the death penalty for Roy.

Also Read: Cops Held Accountable: Himachal IG, 7 Others Convicted For Custodial Death

Legal experts agree that the case may not be fully resolved. While the conviction for rape and murder is complete, questions remain about evidence tampering. Sources say the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) informed the court that there is still room for a supplementary charge sheet related to this issue.

Last year, the CBI failed to file the supplementary charge sheet within 90 days for two key individuals—former RG Kar principal Sandip Ghosh and former SHO of Tala Police Station Abhijit Mondal. Both men were accused of tampering with evidence during the initial investigation, which was handled by Kolkata Police before the CBI took over following a Calcutta High Court order. As a result, both Ghosh and Mondal were granted default bail by the special court.

Shibra Arshad

Recent Posts

PM Modi Heads To Thailand For 6th BIMSTEC Summit; Strengthen Regional Relations

Prime Minister Narendra Modi headed for Bangkok on Thursday to attend the 6th BIMSTEC Summit…

4 mins ago

Delhi High Court Stays Appointment Of Anilkumar Prabhakaran As AIFF General Secretary

The Delhi High Court has stayed the appointment of Anilkumar Prabhakaran as the General Secretary…

1 hour ago

MCOCA Case: Delhi High Court To Hear Naresh Baliyan’s Bail Plea On April 9

The Delhi High Court will hear the bail plea of former AAP MLA Naresh Baliyan…

1 hour ago

SC Upholds Rajasthan’s Electricity Regulations; Dismissing Power Companies Plea

The Supreme Court has granted a major relief to the Rajasthan government by upholding the…

14 hours ago

SC Expresses Concern Over Rising Trend Of False Rape Cases On Marriage Promises

The Supreme Court has expressed concern over the rising tendency to register rape cases based…

14 hours ago

Adani Ports Mundra Sets National Record With Historic 200 MMT Cargo Handling Milestone

Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone set a national record by handling 450 MMT of…

14 hours ago