As NATO leaders prepared to meet with President Volodymyr Zelensky in Vilnius on Wednesday, Ukraine announced it had shot down 11 Russian drones overnight in a second night of attacks on the capital Kyiv.
The strike involved a total of 15 kamikaze drones. Eleven of them were destroyed in the areas of responsibility of the Centre and East air commands, according to the Ukrainian air force on social media.
The statement did not specify whether more drones were shot down in other locations in Ukraine.
The governor of the Cherkasy area in central Ukraine, Igor Taburets, said two individuals were hospitalized with burns after a drone collided with a non-residential building, igniting a fire.
“Cherkasy was on high alert for more than three and a half hours”, he explained.
Kyiv military officials confirmed a drone strike on the city but did not specify how many drones were involved.
“All enemy targets in the airspace around Kyiv were detected and destroyed”, it stated on social media, adding that no victims or damage had been reported.
The air attack warning in Kyiv lasted almost two hours.
Ukraine reported on the opening day of the NATO summit on Tuesday that Russian attack drones had attacked grain installations at a southern port.
On the opening day of the NATO meeting, Ukraine said Russian attack drones had targeted grain facilities at a southern port in the Odesa area.
In the current onslaught, the Ukrainian military says it shot down 26 Russian assault drones.
Also read: Japan And NATO Reach Agreement On New Partnership Including Cybersecurity
The Waqf (Amendment) Bill which cleared the Lok Sabha, is set to be introduced in…
The Lok Sabha approved the Waqf (Amendment) Bill in the early hours of Thursday following…
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) will face Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) in Match 15 of the Indian…
Parliament approved the Immigration and Foreigners Bill, 2025, on Wednesday, which aims to regulate the…
Prime Minister Narendra Modi headed for Bangkok on Thursday to attend the 6th BIMSTEC Summit…
The Delhi High Court has stayed the appointment of Anilkumar Prabhakaran as the General Secretary…