World

Malaysia landslide: Death And Destruction , Death Toll Has Risen To 21, With 12 People Still Missing.

Malaysia landslide: Landslide in Selangor, Malaysia has caused huge destruction and so far the death toll from this landslide has gone up to 21, while 12 others are still reported missing. According to the report, Deputy Prime Minister Ahmed Zahid Hamidi said that the search and rescue operation for the missing people is still going on and agencies are searching for the victims. Machinery and sniffer dogs are being used for this.

After visiting the area, he said that I have deep condolences to the families of those killed in this tragedy. Ahmed Zahid said that with heavy rains expected in the coming days, especially on the east coast, strong currents of water will flow down the slopes and hills, which may lead to further landslides, advising to evacuate all such camping sites.

Earlier, Home Minister Saifuddin Nasional had said that personnel from 15 government agencies were working to evacuate the survivors. Saifuddin also said that the police have been instructed to close all camping sites and recreational spots in the area until further notice as a precautionary measure. This information was given by a Malaysian official.

Declaration of Financial Aid

Meanwhile, PM Anwar Ibrahim announced financial assistance for the victims after visiting the accident site on Friday evening. Regarding the treatment of the victims, Health Minister Jaliha Mustafa said that seven victims, including a pregnant woman, are being treated in hospitals. Camper Leong Jim Meng said he heard an explosion and felt the ground slide down at his campsite.

Also Read : Russia-Ukraine War: Non-Stop Drone Attack Scares Dark Ukraine Bad

Landslide at night

According to local media, everyone was sleeping when the incident happened at 2 am. It was very dark at that time. In the footage released by the authorities, a huge pile of mud can be seen about 100 feet down the mountain slope towards the campsite. Natural Resources, Environment and Climate Change Minister Nik Najmi Nik Ahmed said experts have been sent to the site to assess the area.

-Bharat Express

Shruti Chaturvedi

Recent Posts

India’s Leadership Brings Fresh Momentum To BIMSTEC Under PM Modi’s Vision

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s leadership has revitalized BIMSTEC, positioning India as a key driver of…

30 mins ago

MI New York Announces Star-Studded Signings For Major League Cricket 2025

MI New York has unveiled an impressive roster of players for the 2025 edition of…

50 mins ago

PM Modi Bats For Stronger Regional Ties At BIMSTEC Summit In Bangkok

PM Narendra Modi on Friday reiterated India’s commitment to enhancing cooperation across multiple sectors within…

53 mins ago

A New Dawn Of Happiness: PM Modi Shares Navratri Message With Devotional Track

On Friday, PM Modi extended Chaitra Navratri Day 7 wishes, invoking Maa Jagdamba's blessings for…

2 hours ago

Sensex, Nifty Open Lower Amid Global Sell-Off Following President Trump’s Tariffs

Indian stock markets opened lower on Friday, following a global sell-off triggered by the reciprocal…

2 hours ago

PM Modi Calls Passage Of Waqf Amendment Bill ‘Watershed Moment’ For Socio-Economic Justice

Prime Minister Narendra Modi hailed the passage of the Waqf (Amendment) Bill on Friday, calling…

3 hours ago