More than 6,600 migrants died while trying to reach Spain by boat last year, a Spanish non-profit organization said Tuesday. The figure is more than double the number in the previous year, when the organization, Caminando Fronteras (Walking Borders), said 2,390 died.
The organization said 2023 was the deadliest year since it began keeping records in 2007. Most of the 6,618 deaths recorded occurred on the so-called Atlantic route from west Africa to Spain’s Canary Islands, just west of Morocco. The figure included 363 women and 384 children.
PM Modi urged police leaders to embrace AI, data intelligence, and trust-building strategies to shape…
Coupang confirms a massive breach affecting 33.7 million users, triggering national scrutiny, regulatory action, and…
The Supreme Court’s Constitution Bench restored constitutional balance by rejecting fixed timelines and limiting intervention…
Lyricist Vairamuthu credits Rajinikanth’s discipline, humility, and unwavering work ethic as the true engines behind…
PIB exposes fake BSNL 5G NOC scam demanding ₹2,500 “agreement fee”; public urged to verify…
PM Modi praises the immersive Mahabharata Anubhav Kendra and celebrates the expanding global reach of…