World

US Claims To Have Killed A Pro-Iranian Commander In Iraq Strike

On Wednesday, the military said an American air strike in Iraq killed a senior commander from a pro-Iran armed group who was involved in attacks on US troops in the region.

Following the killing of three American troops in neighboring Jordan on January 28, Washington launched a wave of strikes on Iran-linked targets in Iraq and Syria last week.

The US Central Command (CENTCOM) said the commander killed Wednesday was targeted in response to the attacks on US service members.

According to CENTCOM, the strike killed a Kataeb Hezbollah commander responsible for directly planning and participating in attacks on US forces in the region, and there are no indications of collateral damage or civilian casualties at this time.

“The United States will continue to take necessary action to protect our people. We will not hesitate to hold responsible all those who threaten our forces’ safety”, CENTCOM stated.

A member of Kataeb Hezbollah, which announced a suspension of hostilities against US personnel following the deadly Jordan strike, verified the death of Abu Baqr al-Saadi, a commander in charge of the ‘military file’ in Syria.

The Hashed al-Shaabi, a group of primarily pro-Iran paramilitaries now integrated into Iraq’s formal security forces, confirmed Saadi’s death in a statement.

An interior ministry official stated three people were killed in the drone strike in the Machtal neighborhood of east Baghdad: two Kataeb Hezbollah leaders and their driver.

Also read: United States To Launch Its Next Lunar Mission On February 14

Spriha Rai

Recent Posts

Sensex Falls 931 Points As Trump’s Tariff Move Triggers Global Selloff

The Sensex dropped 930.67 points, or 1.22 per cent, to settle at 75,364.69. It moved…

1 hour ago

Supreme Court To Hear Muslim Side’s Plea In Mathura Dispute On April 8

The SC will hear the Muslim side’s petition in the Mathura Krishna Janmabhoomi dispute on…

2 hours ago

DNA Can’t Confirm Rape Without Proof Of Lack Of Consent: Delhi High Court

Justice Amit Mahajan said that even if DNA proves the accused is the biological father…

2 hours ago

Supreme Court Allows Yasin Malik To Cross-Examine Witnesses Via Video From Tihar Jail

The SC allowed Yasin Malik to cross-examine prosecution witnesses via video conferencing from Tihar jail,…

2 hours ago

Delhi HC Orders Customs To Stop Seizing Personal Jewellery Of Air Passengers

The Delhi HC directed Customs Department officials not to confiscate old or personal jewellery worn…

2 hours ago

PM Modi Unveils 21-Point Action Plan To Boost BIMSTEC Cooperation At Bangkok Summit

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday unveiled a 21-point action plan at the BIMSTEC Summit…

4 hours ago