Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Sunday urged the CBI to defer his questioning till the last week of February in connection with the Delhi Excise Policy case as he is busy finalising the city budget.
Sisodia had been called for questioning on Sunday in connection with the case, nearly three months after a charge sheet was filed in the matter, officials said.
According to the CBI officials, the AAP leader has not been named as an accused in the charge sheet as the investigation against him and other suspects is still going on.
Also Read: CBI Calls Deputy CM Sisodia For Questioning Today Over Delhi Excise Policy Case
Speaking to the media, Delhi deputy CM said, “I have written to the CBI and asked for time for February last week as I am finalising the budget of Delhi and it is a crucial time. I have told them that I will come after the last week of February.”
It’s my duty as finance minister to present the budget on time and I have been working 24 hours for it. I have requested the CBI to allow me to come after the last week of February and answer all their questions, he added.
The deputy chief minister in the Aam Aadmi Party government, who also held the charge of the Excise department, was earlier questioned on October 17 last year and his home and bank lockers were also searched in connection with the case.
Expressing concern, they noted that although waqf properties are worth billions of rupees, Indian Muslims…
The 27% tariff hike by US President Donald Trump on Indian goods will have only…
MRM National Convener Shahid Sayeed urged Muslims to celebrate the moment with pride. He clarified…
The RBI’s Weekly Statistical Supplement showed that the country’s gold reserves, a key part of…
The UP govt released the IGRS ranking for March, confirming the Commissionerate’s top position. Gautam…
Modi urged Yunus and the interim government to avoid rhetoric that “vitiates” the atmosphere between…