World

Striking In Lebanon: Israel Launches Fresh Rounds Of Air Strikes On Gaza, Lebanon After Rocket Fire

Israel’s new target is now becoming Lebanon, as hours after the Israeli military launched fresh rounds of explosions on the Gaza strip, the military said that it is a “striking in Lebanon.” This tension prevailed after the Israeli forces stormed the Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied Jerusalem this week.

Striking in Lebanon

Early this morning around 6:37 am IST, the Israeli army issued a statement that it is currently striking in Lebanon.” According to the media reports, the explosions near a refugee camp in the southern port city of Tyre.

Just a few hours before, there were massive explosions in Gaza after Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu swore in a video that his country’s enemies would “pay a price for any aggression.”

Despite the massive explosions, there were no immediate reports of any casualties or injuries in Lebanon or Gaza.

These attacks come amid the tension over the Al-Asqa Mosque incident that happened this week.

Moreover, the attacks on Gaza which is a blockaded Palestinian enclave on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea, and Lebanon came after Israel said it was targeted by rockets.

34 rockets fired from Lebanon

On Thursday, the Israeli armed force said that 34 rockets had been fired from Lebanon with 25 intercepted and at least four landing inside the country. They were the first rockets fired from Lebanon towards Israel in a year and the biggest launch since 2006. The Israeli military said its attack was focused on Hamas.

In an official statement, they said, “The [Israeli military] will not allow the Hamas terrorist organisation to operate from within Lebanon and holds the state of Lebanon responsible for every directed fire emanating from its territory.”

Amidst the tension, the Israeli PM reportedly in a Security Cabinet meeting as the Gaza attack unfolded. Among the topics under discussion was the recent rocket fire.

Israeli PM response

Further, the PM said, “Israel’s response, tonight and beyond, will extract a heavy price from our enemies,” it read. Israel has blamed the Palestinian group Hamas for the rocket fire.

Whilst, Hamas, officials responded to the air attacks with a statement, they said, “We hold the Zionist occupation fully responsible for the grave escalation and the flagrant aggression against the Gaza Strip and for the consequences that will bring onto the region.”

Alina Khan

Recent Posts

India Edge South Africa In Thriller To Take 1-0 ODI Lead

India clinched a tense 17-run win in the first ODI at Ranchi, powered by Kohli’s…

5 hours ago

‘Shubhkamnayeh’ Launch: Gifting Meets Human Touch In Digital Age

At the “Shubhkamnayeh” launch in Delhi, Upendrra Rai says machines cannot replace the human soul,…

7 hours ago

PM Modi Pushes AI-Driven Policing For A ‘Future-Ready’ India

PM Modi urged police leaders to embrace AI, data intelligence, and trust-building strategies to shape…

8 hours ago

Coupang Data Breach Exposes 33.7 Million Users

Coupang confirms a massive breach affecting 33.7 million users, triggering national scrutiny, regulatory action, and…

8 hours ago

Supreme Court Restores Balance In Governor-State Powers

The Supreme Court’s Constitution Bench restored constitutional balance by rejecting fixed timelines and limiting intervention…

8 hours ago

Vairamuthu Decodes Rajinikanth’s Enduring Stardom

Lyricist Vairamuthu credits Rajinikanth’s discipline, humility, and unwavering work ethic as the true engines behind…

8 hours ago