India

Sources: Kerala serial bombers allegedly spent just ₹ 3,000 to make bombs

The primary suspect in the Sunday explosions at a prayer meeting in Kerala claims to have learnt how to make bombs online.

Dominic Martin, 48, claims to be an expert in electric circuits and claims to have spent ₹ 3,000 on making bombs.

For more than five years, Martin’s family had been residing in a leased home close to Kochi. Martin spent years working as a foreman in the Gulf, where he gained experience assembling electronic devices.

He returned to India roughly two months ago to carry out bombings, sources claimed.

Initial examination reveals that the IEDs were built of low-grade explosives that are used in firecrackers, insiders say. They said, “He assembled the IEDs at his home.”

Martin had set off the explosives inside the hall with the intention of executing Jehovah’s Witness conference attendees.

Martin also sent a video statement on social media prior to giving up. The man stated in the video that he made the choice because the organization’s doctrines were “seditious.”

In the video, he said that the community is instilling false ideals in everyone, even young people.

He claimed that despite his request for them to stop, no one paid him any attention. He stated that he chose to manufacture the series of explosions after realizing how detrimental this community was to the country.

Also read: Ayodhya : Lord ram to sit on eight feet tall golden throne

A series of explosions at a convention center in Kalamassery, near Kochi, on Sunday resulted in the deaths of two adults and a 12-year-old girl, as well as the injuries of fifty others. The Jehovah’s Witness convention had about 2,000 attendees.

Kavya Bhatt

Recent Posts

Sensex Falls 931 Points As Trump’s Tariff Move Triggers Global Selloff

The Sensex dropped 930.67 points, or 1.22 per cent, to settle at 75,364.69. It moved…

48 mins ago

Supreme Court To Hear Muslim Side’s Plea In Mathura Dispute On April 8

The SC will hear the Muslim side’s petition in the Mathura Krishna Janmabhoomi dispute on…

1 hour ago

DNA Can’t Confirm Rape Without Proof Of Lack Of Consent: Delhi High Court

Justice Amit Mahajan said that even if DNA proves the accused is the biological father…

2 hours ago

Supreme Court Allows Yasin Malik To Cross-Examine Witnesses Via Video From Tihar Jail

The SC allowed Yasin Malik to cross-examine prosecution witnesses via video conferencing from Tihar jail,…

2 hours ago

Delhi HC Orders Customs To Stop Seizing Personal Jewellery Of Air Passengers

The Delhi HC directed Customs Department officials not to confiscate old or personal jewellery worn…

2 hours ago

PM Modi Unveils 21-Point Action Plan To Boost BIMSTEC Cooperation At Bangkok Summit

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday unveiled a 21-point action plan at the BIMSTEC Summit…

3 hours ago