Baleshwar Mahadev Jhulelal temple
The death toll in the Indore temple stepwell roof collapse rose to 35 on Friday, an official said.
The slab constructed on top of an ancient `bawdi’ or well collapsed during a ‘havan’ program held on the occasion of Ram Navami at a temple in Indore city on Thursday.
“So far 35 bodies have been recovered from the stepwell,” District Collector Dr. Ilayaraja T told reporters.
The Baleshwar Mahadev Jhulelal temple in Patel Nagar where the tragedy took place had been constructed after covering the well about four decades ago.
The 18-hour rescue effort began at about 12:30 on Thursday and is still going, according to Collector Ilayaraja T.
A magisterial investigation of the situation has been ordered.
Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh, declared that 50,000 will go to the injured and 5 lakh to the surviving family members of the deceased. The Prime Minister Relief Fund will also receive the exgratia of Rs. 2 lakh.
PM Narendra Modi met Bhutanese PM Tshering Tobgay on the sidelines of the 6th BIMSTEC…
The student group 'Shaher-E-Arzoo' expressed firm support for the Waqf Amendment Bill, calling it a…
The 27% tariff hike by US President Donald Trump on Indian goods will have only…
Following the passage of the Waqf Amendment Bill 2024 in both Houses of Parliament, celebrations…
India’s forex reserves jumped $6.6 billion to a five-month high of $665.4 billion for the…
Gautam Buddha Nagar Police, led by CP Laxmi Singh, achieved a historic feat with all…