Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal (Photo Twitter)
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday said that Delhiites are “missing” Manish Sisodia on the day of the budget presentation, and asserted that the work started by the former minister will be carried on at double the speed.
This time, the budget will be presented by Finance Minister Kailash Gahlot, who was given charge of the finance department after the resignation of deputy chief minister Sisodia.
Sisodia, who was arrested by the CBI in connection with the Delhi excise policy scam case, had been presenting the AAP government’s budget ever since the party came to power in Delhi.
“Today Delhi’s budget will be presented. Delhiites are missing Manish ji very much today. But the work started by him will not stop. The work done by him will be carried forward with double the speed,” Kejriwal said in a tweet in Hindi.
The Union Home Ministry approved the Delhi Budget on Tuesday following a clarification from the AAP government, paving the way for its presentation in the Assembly.
Also read: Navratri Special: PM Modi Wishes People On Start Of Traditional New Year
Over 24,000 runners filled Ahmedabad’s riverfront for the 9th Adani Ahmedabad Marathon, honouring India’s Armed…
LIC rapidly expanded its equity book over the last decade, multiplying investments tenfold and concentrating…
Sprouts have emerged as a popular addition to healthy diets, offering a quick, affordable, and…
Dalmia Cement (Bharat) Limited has been issued GST show-cause notices amounting to ₹266.3 crore for…
In the 128th episode of Mann Ki Baat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi praised India’s athletes…
Prime Minister Narendra Modi emphasised the spirit of ‘Vocal for Local’ while selecting gifts for…