Entertainment

Personating “BIG B” In Any Manner A Federal Offence

On Friday, the Delhi High Court issued an interim injunction prohibiting anybody from using Amitabh Bachchan’s voice, picture, or any other quality that is solely associated with him in an unauthorised manner.

The veteran actor filed a lawsuit stating that numerous people, including the people behind a “KBC lottery,” had taken advantage of his “publicity rights as a star.” The complaint led to the court’s decision.

It is undeniable that Bachchan is a well-known figure, and Justice Navin Chawla stated that if relief is not given at this time, Bachchan is likely to incur an irreparable loss and reputation. The plaintiff has shown a prima facie case, in my opinion, for granting ex parte interim relief, the court stated.

Additionally, the court ordered telecom authorities to take measures to shut down websites that were hosting content that was unlawful under Bachchan’s rights. Additionally, the court ordered telecom service providers to prevent access to phone numbers disseminating illegal communications.

Salve said that there was also an Amitabh Bachchan video chat service, where the caller could speak to a person who sounded like Bachchan, and that some of the defendants were selling posters with Bachchan’s name on them.

The “Amitabh Bachchan is a phony video call app and can also conduct voice talking but that too prank call” is said in the description of the mobile application, which can be downloaded on smartphones.

One of the biggest Bollywood stars is Amitabh Bachchan. The petition noted that Amitabh Bachchan also performs and entertains as cubs (sic).

Senior attorney Harish Salve stated that in addition to the parties named in the lawsuit, “john doe” parties or unidentified parties who may be abusing Bachchan’s publicity rights were also targeted in the request for an injunction.

In addition to the lottery, he claimed that the actor’s name had been registered for “Amitabh Bachchan Video Call” and even t-shirts with images of him on them.

Parth Kakade

Recent Posts

NIA Secures Further Custody Of Anmol Bishnoi As Probe Into Terror Syndicate Deepens

The NIA has secured another seven days’ custody of international gangster Anmol Bishnoi, the younger…

1 hour ago

Delhi Police Seek Details On Foreign-Trained Doctors As Red Fort Blast Probe Expands

Delhi Police are seeking details of foreign-trained doctors as part of the Red Fort blast…

2 hours ago

Early RSV Infection Strongly Linked To Higher Childhood Asthma Risk, Scientists Report

Early RSV infection raises childhood asthma risk, especially in allergy-prone families, but newborn protection can…

4 hours ago

National Herald Case: Court Defers Cognisance Decision To 16 December

The Rouse Avenue Court in Delhi on Saturday again deferred its decision on taking cognisance…

4 hours ago

Sensex And Nifty Log Third Week Of Gains On Global Tailwinds

Indian markets posted a third straight week of modest gains, with the Nifty and Sensex…

5 hours ago

Iran To Skip 2026 World Cup Draw After US Denies Visas To Officials

Iran’s Football Federation says it will skip the 2026 World Cup draw after the US…

5 hours ago